Submitting Microsoft Windows Icons
Use the form below to upload your Windows Vista icons submission. All text fields are required.
For the best chance at getting your icon set posted on InterfaceLIFT, carefully follow all guidelines listed below. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your submission being rejected, regardless of its quality.
- Content must be suitable for a general audience. Please do not submit any content that our viewers might deem offensive. It will not be posted.
- If copyrighted material is used in a submission, the submitter must obtain the appropriate permissions from the copyright holder prior to sending it to InterfaceLIFT. The submitter should identify the nature of the copyrighted material in the description field so that it may be followed up by InterfaceLIFT. It is not our intention to knowingly or unknowingly infringe on the copyrights or trademarks of any person or organization.
- Icon sets should follow a theme. We rarely post sets of random icons.
- Please do not repeat previously posted icons or icon sets unless yours are significantly improved or different in design.
- Pay attention to detail. Icons with poor masking and jagged edges will not be posted.
- Make sure to include at least the 16x16, 32x32, 128x128, and 256x256 pixel resources for each icon.
- Be creative! We are looking for original works which will be decorative and/or useful as icons.
- Include a text description of your icon set.
- Include an alphabetical, comma-separated list of the names of your icons. Example: Apple, Grape, Orange, Tangerine.
- Name each icon carefully and check them for spelling errors. Please avoid names such as "Icon 01, Icon 02, Icon 03."
- Keep your icon sets to less than 2.0 MB. Larger sets must be broken into multiple volumes and submitted seperately.
We highly recommend that you begin creating Windows icons with 256x256 pixel resources for use with Microsoft Windows Vista. Icons submitted without these resources might not be selected for posting to the site.
Your icons should be submitted in a Zip archive (.zip). Please include a "Read Me" file in the archive with your contact information, copyright information, and a description of your icon set.
Note: Before you can perform the selected action, you must log in to your account, or create one if you are not already registered as a content submitter. Once you have logged in you will be redirected to the appropriate page.
Use the form on the left to log in to your existing user, submitter, or pro account.
If you do not already have a free account with us and would like to create one, please fill out the form on the right. Not sure why you might want an InterfaceLIFT account? Read about member benefits at the bottom of the page.
User Login (Forgot your password?)
Note: Your email address is protected from spammers. It will never be revealed in plain text on our site. Instead, we use server-side forms to allow visitors to contact you without allowing spambots to harvest your address from the HTML source code.
Create New Account (Why should I?)
Why Should I Create an Account?
Your InterfaceLIFT member account is entirely FREE and will bring you the following benefits:
- Keep track of your favorite wallpapers, icons, and themes so they are easy to locate whenever you need them.
- Post comments about wallpapers, icons, and themes on the site.
- Create a public user profile or portfolio page.
- Subscribe to RSS feeds to keep track of the latest updates by your favorite artist, your friends' favorites lists, or by category.
- Submit news, wallpapers, icons, or themes to be shared with the InterfaceLIFT community.
- Track the status of your submissions, number of downloads, and see which users have added your art work to their favorites list.
InterfaceLIFT respects your privacy. We will not send you unsolicited email or sell your private information to third parties. We hate spam just as much as you do.